Monday, January 2, 2012

Even the Trees Need Sweaters...


Cardigan & Dress- Anthropologie
Necklace-Vintage
Belt-Target  Flats- Payless




First outfit post of 2012! Woooo.

This is probably my favorite outfit I have put together in a long time. I felt so comfy and ladylike in it, esp. considering the perfect knee length cut of this dress. I saw the dress in Anthro's display window a few months back, ran to it with open arms and then proceeded to sob when I looked at the price tag. You know, my usual response to items when browsing in that heavenly store.

A few days after Christmas I wanted to do a little shopping, hoping to score some sweet deals. Well, I did...this dress...for only $50. O.m.g. So happy. From the pretty marigold yellow color, soft wool fabric, and amazing chain link cable knit, I am totally in love. I paired it with my fav. cardigan (which for some weird reason has never made an appearance on here before), braided belt, and lovely vintage necklace my brother and sister-in-law got me for my Birthday.


Also, trees in sweaters!! Isn't that the coolest thing ever?! These cute hand knitted guys have been popping up all over the Seattle area, and I was sooo happy to finally spot a few after hearing so much about them. So fun! :)






P.S. While taking these photos some dude on a bike yelled at me, "I like your style!!" hahahha If only he knew that I was taking those photos for my wee little blog......first time that ever happened. After the fact, we both wished that Tim would have yelled back "Thanks!" lol :)


Hope you are all enjoying the first few days of the new year!


xo
Lizzie













30 comments:

  1. What a neat necklace! I wonder if they measure the trees first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drooled over this dress too. I'm glad this is the one you got! The necklace is perfect, I'm happy it made an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this outfit from head to toe! That dress is gorgeous.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit -- it's fab!! And the trees are sooo cute too! lol

    Fashion Translated

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress :) I worked at anthropology and the moment I saw the dress I thought "that is super cute" now I know why! :) I am now following your blog and will come visit often, if you want you can click on the "join this site now" on my blog and you can follow me ?! love this bloggie!! YOU ROCK! very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mustard dress! The color suits you perfectly, and of course the trees in sweaters are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice dress! I love how you paired the mustard dress to your stripped top! Followed you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SUCH a cute outfit - my favorite from you EVER... what a great way to start off 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your combination of colours! :) And your hair look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO stinkin cute!!! I love the blue with the mustard yellow. SO fantastically paired. You look beautiful deary, and are definitely a fashion inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so gorgeous! <3 I love the colour of your dress :) Perfect outfit!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute little sweater!! Looks great with the yellow too!
    Happy New Year!

    abeautifulmaybe.blogspot.com - follow me, xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love everything about this outfit and could have totally guessed that it came from Anthropologie! That store has such cute stuff but the prices make me want to cry too! That's awesome that you were able to snag it on sale :) Hope you had a wonderful New Year's!

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, love the yarn bombing on the trees too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so in love with your dress! The cardigan works great with it too. Sweaters on trees, too stinkin cute :)
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com
    P.S. thank you for all your super sweet comments on our blog, they always make my day <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. just stumbled upon your blog...this outfit is lovely! so classic. and a perfect mix of anthro pieces! I'm in love!!!

    -Melina
    thecaffeinatedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful outfit, you look stunning!

    Hope you had a wonderful New Year!

    Check out my blog for a review of V Nunes jewelry, thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute outfit! The cardi is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing dress! It looks so great with that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such an elegant look & I'm loving that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww this is such a lovely vintage look dear, i adore! love your mustard dress and flats, they are so adorable. you look stunning as anything, xx

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice outfit especially the sweater! you're so pretty, too!

    Anyway, I followed your blog, hope you can follow back, too!
    Thanks!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  23. That outfit rocks so much. Go you!

    peace&love, Jill
    Favor the Brave

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your Anthro dress & I too am absolutely smitten with this outfit, it's so, so pretty!! You always have such gorgeous outfits. Happy 2012 lovely lady and (hehe!) too funny about the guy on the bike! ;) V

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that sweater dress - totally adorable and it looks absolutely lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with everyone, this is lovely! Your style makes me want to dress up instead of wearing a hoodie 4 times a week :). God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is hilarious, hahahah! I can only imagine how you reacted to someone screaming at you from the street about your outfit. That would just make my day.
    Those trees? In sweaters? Oh my GOD. How cute is that! I haven't seen anything like that before but it's adorable.
    Lizzie, the third picture down, your close up, is absolutely stunning. You have the prettiest smile.

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that cardigan! Great styling darling

    Following!

    much love from Canada

    northern style exposure

    ReplyDelete