Need some Thanksgiving food inspiration?
This Pumpkin Coconut bread is so yum and so simple.
What you need:
1 can pumpkin pie mix (Good stuff. Just pure pumpkin puree + spices)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 unsweetened coconut flakes
1.In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, brown sugar, oil and coconut milk.
2. In another box mix together flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Whisk wet and dry ingredients together.
4. Stir in the coconut flakes.
5. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
6. Pop in a pre-heated, 350 degree oven for about an hour, depending on your oven (check after 45 mins). You will know it's done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool in pan for 5-10 mins.
8. Slice and serve while still warm.
9. Watch your friends/family be delighted with a mouth full of moist deliciousness.
P.S. While baking, this smells better than any pumpkin scented candle known to man.
Hope you enjoy!